Eight miles south west of Bristol and with Weston Super Mare’s golden sands just 15 miles away, North Somerset’s Nailsea makes a perfect base for both couples looking to commute and families setting up home.
Here’s just a few facts and figures that put Nailsea on the map:
- Nailsea to Bristol Temple Meads on the train – 13 minutes
- It’s less than ten minutes’ drive to the M5, junction 20
- Bristol Parkway on the train in 34 minutes
- A day trip to Bath is less than an hour away
- Planning a trip away? Bristol Airport is just 5.5 miles away
Without doubt Nailsea is good value for money. With the average property price standing at £338,461, according to property website, Zoopla, flats in town sell for an average of £172,260 and terraced houses for £248,069.*
What makes Nailsea a great place to live?
- With eight pubs and five restaurants there’s plenty of places to eat, drink and be social.
- The town has several nurseries, pre-schools and primary schools, as well as being home to one of the best performing secondary schools and sixth forms in North Somerset.
- With two weekly markets (Tuesday and Fridays) Nailsea town centre is always busy. Plus, there’s a monthly Farmers’ Market on the third Saturday of every month, held at Crown Glass Place – a must for all those who love to support local producers.
- Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm is guaranteed to become a family favourite – especially as it’s less than three miles from the centre of town.
- There’s no need to worry about paying for parking in Nailsea. With several free (for up to 2 hours) car parks within the town centre shopping couldn’t be easier.
- Community spirit abounds. With events planned throughout the year there’s something for everyone. Highlights include April’s beer and cider festival, North Somerset’s Strongest Man competition in May, the Skatepark Festival in June, and the town’s own Festival of Music in November.
And don’t forget:
If you’re thinking about moving to Nailsea, then you can find out more about our house removals services or view our great range of storage solutions if you need to store items whilst in the process of moving.
*As of March 2019